St. Andrew’s offers Emergency Relief to those in crisis.
The Community Aid office at St Andrew’s is open every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 12 noon to 2:30pm.
Volunteers offer a listening ear to individuals and families in crisis and practical support through:
- vouchers for food, the Op Shop, and Glenelg 7 Day Pharmacy for scripts covered under the PBS (Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme).
- food like bread, fresh fruit and vegetables from Coles through Second Bite as well as non-perishable food.
- bus tickets, blankets, swags, toiletry and food packs for the homeless.
We also seek to put people and families in touch with other organisations for more long term help where needed.
Our church is deeply committed to the needs of the community and especially those needing emergency assistance. However, conditions do apply:
- Due to funding arrangements, we are able to help people in the council areas of: Holdfast Bay, Marion, Mitcham and Onkaparinga.
- Those who live in these Council areas are able to access Community Aid four times a year – twice from January to June, and twice from July to December.
Please contact us for more information, and to ensure that we will be able to help you.
We are very grateful for support from Edwardstown Lions for the provision of homeless toiletry packs, donations of knitted beanies and blankets from Glengowrie Knitters Group, and Glenelg Rotary and Holdfast Rotary for the provision of warm clothing, financial donations, socks and jocks and hampers at Christmas time.